Sharia Bryant (born March 19, 1976) is an American Businesswoman, Socialite, and Former Volleyball Coach from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She is famous for being the oldest child of Joe Bryant (American retired professional basketball player).
In fact, Sharia is also well identified as one of the siblings of Kobe Bryant (Ex-NBA Star). He played for Los Angeles Lakers in his entire 20-season career in the National Basketball Association (NBA).
On January 26, 2020, her brother Kobe and his daughter “Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant” tragically died. They were killed in a disastrous helicopter accident on Sunday. The incident took place when they were traveling on Kobe’s Sikorsky S-76 chopper for Gianna’s basketball games.
Unfortunately, the chopper went down in foggy weather around 10 am and caught fire. The chopper crashed in hilly terrain in Calabasas, California. There were nine people were on board that day. According to Alex Villanueva (Los Angeles County Sheriff), no one was able to survive in a tragic accident.
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Childhood
Kobe Bryant’s sibling, Sharia Danielle Bryant was born in 1976 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States (age 43 years old, as in 2019). Sharia Bryant celebrates her birthday on the 19th of March.
Her father, Joseph Washington “Jellybeans” Bryant, currently works as a coach of Los Angeles Lakers. Earlier, he used to a head coach of the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks from 2005 to 2007.
In addition, Sharia’s mother “Pamela Cox Bryant” is the sibling of former NBA player Chubby Cox. Sharia Danielle’s brother won NBA championships with the Los Angeles Lakers five times.
She also has a younger sister named Shaya Bryant. As per the source, Bryant and her parents didn’t attend Kobe’s wedding with his wife “Vanessa Laine Bryant” which took place on April 18, 2001, at St. Edward the Confessor Catholic Church.
Kobe Bryant’s mom & dad had problems with him marrying so young. They even opposed his marriage to a woman who was not African-American. Sharia Bryant has four nieces named Natalia Diamante, Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant, Capri Kobe Bryant, and Bianka Bella Bryant.
|Real Full Birth Name||Sharia Danielle Bryant.|
|Profession||Businesswoman, Socialite, and Former Volleyball Coach.|
|Famous for||being the elder sister of Kobe Bryant (Former Basketball Player) who died in a helicopter crash on January 26, 2020.|
|Age (As of 2019)||43 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||March 19, 1976.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Pisces.|
|Current Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||38-30-40.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Joseph Washington "Jellybeans" Bryant.
Mother: Pamela Cox Bryant.
|Siblings||Brother: Kobe Bean Bryant.
Sister: Shaya Bryant.
|Famous Relatives||Sister-in-law: Vanessa Bryant.
Nieces: Natalia Diamante, Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant (b. 2006 - died 2020), Capri Kobe Bryant, and Bianka Bella Bryant.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by her.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Jerrod Washington.|
|Daughter||two daughters including Tayah Washington.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|School||Private High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Temple University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Will Smith.
Actress: Scarlett Johansson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading and Watching Television Shows.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$800K US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Sharia Bryant
- As a child, Bryant’s dad left the NBA and moved to Rieti, Italy to continue playing professional basketball along with his other family members.
- Kobe Bryant’s sister graduated from Temple University and earned her bachelors’ degree.
- Later, Sharia Bryant began to work as a volleyball coach in the Las Vegas area.
- Bryant also served as the director at Serve Receive Foundation for five years.
- Furthermore, she works as a businesswoman and owner of a list group.
- Previously, she worked as a personal trainer as well as facility leader at Las Vegas Fit Body Boot Camp.
- Kobe Bryant and Gianna Bryant’s death news were first confirmed by Adam Silver (NBA Commissioner) on his Twitter account.
- There were nine people on board and nobody survived in the tragic accident.
- As per the source, the late NBA star was extremely close to his sisters but was not talking with his parents Joe and Pam since 2013.
- In 2013, his parents tried to sell his memorabilia without his knowledge.
- At that time, Danielle supported him by telling the court that their mother told her once that she made money by selling Kobe’s belongings.
- The 43-years-old businesswoman is a happily married woman and tied the knot with her husband “Jerrod Washington” many years ago. They share three children i.e. two girls including Tayah and one boy named Jett Washington.
- Jett is a football player who plays with the Apex Predators Flag Football Club in Las Vegas and the Jr. Patriots.
- On the other side, Jerrod works as the director of sales and partnerships at SUN50.
- Sharia and her family reside in a lavish home in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA as of January 2020.