Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant (born May 01, 2006 – died January 26, 2020) was an American Student, Middle School Basketball Player, and Former Sportsperson Kid from California. She is best known as one of the children of Kobe Bryant (American former professional basketball player).
He used to play as a shooting guard with the Los Angeles Lakers in the National Basketball Association (NBA). In his successful career, he widely dubbed as one of the greatest basketball players of all time.
On January 26, 2020, Gianna Maria-Onore and her father were killed in a helicopter crash near Los Angeles. Moreover, seven more people died in a tragic accident. The cause of the helicopter crash is still unknown.
But the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board started an investigation which could take several months. The incident took place after the chopper came down in foggy weather around 10 am.
It crashed in hilly terrain in Calabasas, California and caught a brush fire immediately. As per Alex Villanueva (Los Angeles County Sheriff), there were no survivors but he refused to identify them.
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Childhood
Born on the 1st of May 2006, Kobe Bryant’s daughter took birth to her parents in Los Angeles, California, USA. Hence, Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant’s age was 13 years old, as of 2020 and her zodiac sign was Taurus.
Gianna Bryant’s mother “Vanessa Laine Bryant” worked as a background dancer on the song “G’d Up” by the Tha Eastsidaz. Vanessa and Kobe Bean Bryant married each other on April 18, 2001. Their wedding ceremony held at St. Edward the Confessor Catholic Church in Dana Point, California.
In addition, Gianna Maria has an elder sister named Natalia Diamante Bryant and two younger siblings, Bianka Bella Bryant and Capri Kobe Bryant. As of education, she was the student of Sierra Canyon School at Chatsworth, California.
Maria-Onore’s dad usually prefers to travel his Sikorsky S-76 chopper in order to avoid Los Angeles’ infamous traffic. Gianna Bryant and Kobe Bryant’s death news was first confirmed by Adam Silver (NBA Commissioner) and sent empathy to his wife, Vanessa.
|Real Full Birth Name||Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant.|
|Profession||Student and Middle School Basketball Player.|
|Famous for||being the second daughter of Kobe Bryant (American former professional basketball player)|
|Played for||Mamba Ballers (2011 – until her death in 2020).|
|Age (As of 2020)||13 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||May 01, 2006.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Los Angeles, California, USA.|
|Date of Death||January 26, 2020.|
|Cause of Death||killed in a helicopter crash.|
|Accident Happened at||Calabasas, California, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Taurus.|
|Current Residence||Los Angeles, California, USA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 3".
Centimeters: 162 cm.
Meters: 1.62 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 48 Kg.
Pounds: 110 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||32-23-34.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Kobe Bean Bryant.
Mother: Vanessa Bryant.
Sister: 1. Natalia Diamante Bryant.
2. Bianka Bella Bryant.
3. Capri Kobe Bryant.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by her.|
|Boyfriend||Name not available.|
|School||Sierra Canyon School.|
|Alma Mater.||Not yet.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Noah Centineo.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Playing Basketball and Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$100K US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant
- Her nickname is Gigi.
- Pamela Bryant (aka Pam Bryant) and Joe Bryant are her grandparents.
- Gianna Bryant is also close to Sofia Laine, and Stephen Laine (Vanessa Laine Bryant’s mom & dad).
- Kobe Bryant also has 2 sisters named Sharia Bryant, and Shaya Bryant.
- From a young age, Vanessa Laine Bryant’s daughter showed her talent as a basketball player and competed in various competitions.
- During an interview, Kobe Bean Bryant told the audience that her girl wanted to play college basketball for the University of Connecticut.
- Moreover, he was coaching Gianna’s Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) basketball team for the last two years.
- At her school, Gianna Maria used to play basketball and her coach was Christina Mauser who also passed away in the horrible accident.
- Alyssa Altobelli (one of Bryant’s teammates) and her parents named John Altobelli and Keri Altobelli also died in the crash.
- The fans of Bryant are in deep sorrow upon his death. Kobe Bryant’s family is arranging the funeral of Kobe, and his daughter Gianna Bryant.
- Furthermore, she and her daddy were traveling to one of her basketball games when the helicopter collided.
- Shaquille O’Neal (Fellow NBA star) who was very close to Kobe and his family. He tweeted that there are no words to express the pain he was going through after losing his niece Gigi and his brother.
- In fact, Barack Obama (44th president of the United States) also paid tribute to the daughter-father duo on his social media.
- How tall: Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant stood a decent height of 5 ft 3 in (162 cm tall) with an athletic build.
- She even maintained her body weight which was around 110 pounds (55 kg) by playing basketball on a regular basis.