Marci Wise (born in 1972 – died in the late 90s) was an American Executive and Businesswoman from New York City. Marci was born as Norman Wise and later became a transgender woman. She was best-known as Korey Wise’s Sibling who is an American criminal justice activist and television personality.
Furthermore, the 45-year-old Korey gained media attention for being wrongly sentenced in the Central Park jogger case. One of the prosecutors Elizabeth Lederer charged 4 Afro-American and 1 Hispanic teenager in the case.
Despite lack of physical evidence, all boys were sentenced for 5-15 years in jail. Moreover, Marci Wise’s brother was just 16 years old at that time. Recently, the filmmaker named Ava DuVernay created a miniseries “When They See Us” based on these 5 falsely convicted boys.
Netflix’s “When They See Us” Biographical Series
When They See Us Cast, Actors & Actresses List:
- John Leguizamo as Raymond Santana Jr.
- Justin Cunningham as Kevin Richardson.
- Freddy Miyares as Older Raymond Santana.
- Omar J. Dorsey as Elombre Brath.
- Vera Farmiga as Elizabeth Lederer.
- Ethan Herisse as Young Yusef Salaam etc.
- Marsha Stephanie Blake as Linda McCray.
- Kylie Bunbury as Angie Richardson.
- Marquis Rodriguez as Young Raymond Santana.
- Chris Chalk as Yusef Salaam.
- Aunjanue Ellis as Sharon Salaam.
- Bryan Terrell Clark as Ortega.
- Asante Blackk as Young Kevin Richardson.
- Reginald L. Barnes as NYPD Officer Harmon.
- Jovan Adepo as Antron McCray.
- Caleel Harris as Young Anton McCray.
- Jharrel Jerome as Korey Wise.
- Isis King as Marci Wise etc.
The Central Park Jogger Rape Case
This case involved a woman named Trisha Meili who was brutally raped and attempted murder. The incident took place on the night of April 19, 1989, in the North Woods of Manhattan’s Central Park.
Therefore, it was one of the most extensively advertised scandals of the 1980s. Trisha was 28 years old and was working as an investment banker back then. She was beaten, pulled or chased nearly 300 feet, and violently attacked by Matias Reyes (serial rapist and murderer).
However, five teenagers caught into the custody in connection with a number of attacks in Central Park which they performed on the night of the offense.
The juveniles then went for various interview sessions for hours conducted by investors. Later, the defendants charged with rape, sexual abuse, assault, robbery, riot, and attempted murder.
Moreover, the FBI tested the DNA of the five teenagers with the rape kit and found it did not match with any of them before the trial. They also accused of other attacks in the park, based solely on confessions.
In 2002, Matias who was serving a life sentence in prison with Marci’s sibling confessed about his crime. He told that he was the only person who abused and assaulted the central park female jogger. His DNA also matched with the rape kit of the Meili.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Marci Wise (born as Norman Wise).|
|Profession||Executive and Businesswoman.|
|Famous for||1. Being the transgender sister of Korey Wise (one of the wrongly convicted in the central park jogger case).
2. Recently Netflix's miniseries "When They See Us" released which featured Marci by Isis King.
|Age (As of 1999)||27 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1972.|
|Date of Death||in the late 1990s.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||New York City, New York, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Homosexual.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|House In||New York City, New York, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 72 Kg.
Pounds: 158 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||38-30-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||8.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known (dead due to cancer).
Mother: Deloris Wise.
|Siblings||Brother: Korey Wise.
Transgender-Sister: Vanity Wise.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors degree.|
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Hugh Jackman.
Actress: Jessica Alba.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Miami.|
|Love to do||Reading, Photography, and Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Chinese Food.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500K US dollars (As of 2018).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||$41K USD|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||House in New York City.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Marci Wise
- Wikipedia: Korey Wise’s Sister, Marci Wise was born in 1972 in New York City, New York, USA. Therefore, her age was 27 years old, as of 1999.
- Her real full birth name was Norman Wise. She came to this world as a male but Marci always gravitated towards female clothing and fashion.
- She later started to wear woman clothing in order to express her sexuality as a transgender woman.
- However, this upset her mother “Deloris Wise” and her parent threw Marci out of their home.
- Her father (name not available) passed away in 1996 due to brain cancer. At that time, Korey Wise was serving his time in the prison.
- She also had a younger transgender-sister named Vanity Wise. On Twitter, Vanity thanked the maker of Netflix’s miniseries for the tribute they paid to Marci.
- Marci’s role in the miniseries “When They See Us” nicely played by Isis King (actress, model, and designer). Isis is the first transgender woman to compete in America’s Next Top Model.
- In episode 4 of Netflix’s miniseries, it was shown that Korey’s bro, Norman, was transitioning to become a woman.
Explore More: The Biography of Tan Mom, Lifestyle, Story & Affairs
- Her appearance also made as a flashback of Korey’s memory.
- In fact, the criminal justice activist also came to know about her older sister that she was murdered when Korey was still in jail.
- During an interview, he told that Marci Wise was extremely protective of her.
- She was killed in the late 1990s but there is no information about her murderer.
- Furthermore, Marci’s brother also featured in the documentary “The Central Park Five” in 2012.
- All the falsely convicted boys sued New York City in 2003 for malicious prosecution, racial discrimination, and emotional distress.
- Moreover, the city concluded the case for $41 million USD in 2014.