Trisha Meili (born 24 June 1960) is an American Author, Central Park Rape Victim, Former Investment banker, and Motivational Speaker from Paramus, New Jersey. She is best known as “The Central Park Jogger“, who was raped by Serial rapist Matias Reyes in 1989.
The 58-year-old Patricia Meili is presently working as a motivational speaker. She has traveled to all over the world, School, Colleges, Hospitals, and Rehab center to inspire people from her Story.
She is also an Author of the book “I Am the Central Park Jogger: A Story of Hope and Possibility”. In this Autobiography book, she has shared her journey to recover from terrible Night at Central Park.
The Central Park Jogger Rape Story
- On 19 April 1989, she has come to her home from her job (Wall Street investment bank Salomon Brothers) at 8 pm. At that time, she has an eating disorder.
- Therefore, she got ready to go to Central Park, New York City for jogging. At that night (9 p.m.), she has been attacked, raped and brutely beaten near death by a gang of 14 teenagers.
- After an hour, two men wandering around the Park found her in a horrible condition. In addition, her 75% blood drained from her body. She was taken to Metropolitan Hospital for her treatment.
- She also suffered a fracture in her skull and a brain injury. Therefore, she lost her memory of that incident. In addition, she doesn’t remember anything for about 5 pm of that evening to 6 weeks later.
- The Central Park Five: In 1989, New York Police has arrested 5 black Afro-American teenage boys i.e. Raymond Santana Junior, Korey Wise, Kevin Richardson, Yusef Salaam, Antron McCray. Furthermore, they have also wrongly jailed for this crime in December 1990 by the New York City Court.
- In 2002, the Central Park Five was released from prison after the confession of Matias Reyes (Serial Rapist).
Early Life, Parents & Profile
- Patricia Meili was born on 24th of June 1960 in Paramus, New Jersey, USA. Therefore, her present age is around 58 years old, as of 2018.
- Her father worked in the Westinghouse Electric Corporation at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Therefore, she has moved to Pittsburgh from Paramus at the age of 12.
- In her family, she has two older brothers.
- In Pittsburgh, she has completed her high school education.
- She is a trained Ballet Dancer. During her school days, she has also participated in many dance competitions.
- At the age of 13, Trisha Meili has broken her shoulder in an Accident. Therefore, she was unable to dance properly and forced to quit Ballet Dance.
- Patricia is a Tomboy. In her childhood, she loves to play various types of sports. Meili has played Touch Football and Baseball along with her 2 siblings.
- She has started professional running just before entering college. The Central Park Jogger has also participated in the Boston Marathon Race.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Patricia Meili.|
|Nick name||Trisha Meili & The Central Park Jogger.|
|Profession||Author, Motivational Speaker & Former Investment banker.|
|Famous for||Her book "I Am the Central Park Jogger: A Story of Hope and Possibility".|
|Controversy||On 19 April 1989, she has been raped and brutally beaten by a gang of teenage men in the North Woods of Manhattan's Central Park.|
|Age (As of 2018)||58 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||24 June 1960.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Paramus, New Jersey, USA.|
|Achievements & Awards||1. The National Center for Victims of Crime given her Leadership Award.
2. Won Spirit of Achievement Award from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine,
3. Boston's Magic 106.7 Exceptional Women Program has awarded her the Courage Award.
4. The Courage Center has honored her with the National Courage Award.
5. Winner of Pacesetter Award from New York Hospital Queens.
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Virgo.|
|Current Residence||Connecticut, United States.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 2".
Centimeters: 157 cm.
Meters: 1.57 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 51 Kg.
Pounds: 112 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Westinghouse Electric Corporation Employee (Name not Known).
|Siblings||Brother: 2 (Name not Known).
Sister: Will Update.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wedding Date & Place||15 September 1996 in the United States.|
|Dating History?||Patricia Meili has firstly met Schwartz on a blind date. Her college friend has helped her to found her love in 1995. She was in a relationship with Jim, before marrying him.|
|Boyfriend||Jim Schwartz (Sales consultant).|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Jim Schwartz (September 15, 1996 to Present).|
|Highest Qualification||1. Graduate with a degree in Economics from Wellesley College.
2. Post Graduation (M.B.A. and M.A. Degree) from Yale University.
|Alma Mater.||Wellesley College & Yale University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Cruise.
Actress: Charlize Theron.
|Dream Holiday Destination||New Zealand.|
|Favorite Color||White, Red, Blue, Pink & Black.|
|Love to do||Reading, Writing & Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Healthy Diet.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$250,000 US dollars (As of 2018).|
|Monthly Salary, Income & Earnings||$21K USD.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Not Known.|
|Home Details||House in Connecticut, United States.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Trisha Meili
- Wikipedia: Trisha has attended Wellesley College to complete her graduation with Bachelors’ degree, Phi Beta Kappa Economics Major.
- After this, she has worked for over 1 year in Boston. But, she resigned to take admission to the Yale Business School.
- Later, the Central Park Jogger has also done double post-graduation (M.A. and M.B.A. Degree) from Yale University.
- Later, she worked as an associate at the Wall Street’s Salomon brothers Investment banking firm.
- She happily worked in that place until her life was disturbed by the terrible night in Central Park, New York.
- The 58-year-old Meili has attended the Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention Program (SAVI) at Mount Sinai Hospital, Gaylord Hospital to recover and heal properly.
Explore More: The Biography of Singer Benicio Bryant, Lifestyle, Story & Affairs
- Love Affairs & Boyfriend: In 1995, her college friend has helped her to go on a blind date with her future life partner.
- Wedding: Trisha Meili married her husband “Jim Schwartz” on 15 September 1996. Her spouse Jim is a retired Sales consultant and presently running his own management consultancy business. They are happily living in Connecticut, USA.
- Children: The information about her son and daughter is not available.
- After 13 years later, Trisha has written her autobiography book named “I Am the Central Park Jogger: A Story of Hope and Possibility“. This book was released in 2003 and motivated many people.
- In 1995, she has also run “New York City 4-mile Marathon” with the help of the Achilles Hope and Possibility organization. In this event, 5,000 able and disable people compete side-by-side. This race held each June in Central Park, New York City.
- Meili has also done motivational speaking to inspire people of all age.
- She was also honored to bear Olympic Torch in New York City.
- Netflix has made a biographical series “When They See Us” inspired from the Central Park Jogger Case. The Star Cast of this show is Ethan Herisse, Asante Blackk, Marquis Rodriguez, Jharrel Jerome and, Caleel Harris. This web series released on 31 May 2019.